Meal Prep a $2, 5 Minute Dinner
By Ashley Huffman
One of the best ways to save time and money is to meal prep your food for the week and always be prepared with healthy options. My favorite meal to make on Sunday nights that I never get tired of consists of tofu, quinoa, Brussels sprouts, and sweet potatoes. This costs about $2 per dinner and only takes 5 minutes each night to make! Read on for how to do it and get yourself ready for the week.
14 ounces of tofu ($1.98/container, $0.50/serving)
1 cup quinoa ($8.99/bag, $0.47/serving)
1 bag of Brussels sprouts ($2.00/bag, $0.50/serving)
2 sweet potatoes ($0.89/potato, $0.45/serving)
1. Toss brussels sprouts in olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Bake at 425 F for about 25 minutes or until browned.
2. On a separate tray, repeat step 1 with the sweet potatoes and tofu.
3. Boil 1 cup of water and cook quinoa on the stove until the water is absorbed (about 15 minutes).
4. When everything is prepared, separate into containers and store in the fridge. When ready to eat, place the contents of one container in a skillet and reheat for about 5 minutes or until warm.
This dinner is amazing to meal prep because...
- It stays well in the fridge for up to a week
- It’s easy and quick to reheat when you’re ready to eat
- It will keep you full because it’s packed with protein and fiber
- You get your daily dose of vitamins and nutrients
- It’s easy to make
- All of the ingredients are incredibly inexpensive
Try it out for yourself and see how much time and money you save during the week!
Leave a comment